Sunday, August 7, 2011

Impromptu Weekend Getaway...

Last weekend, after Zoe's great cardiology appointment, we packed up the car and headed north to my parent's cabin.


As soon as we arrived, Emmy was out in the grass setting up her tent and playing with her golf clubs.


The girls loved the cooler weather and picking flowers in grandma's garden.


On Sunday, we headed further up north to Flagstaff for Cardinal's training camp. This was Emerson's second trip to camp, but Zoe's first. Zoe had little interest in sitting and watching practice and preferred to practice walking.


Just before we left, Papa found a baby horny toad in the driveway. Emmy refused to hold him. Zoe had no problem petting the toad. Sounds about right...


We all enjoyed our impromptu getaway and agree that we need to do so more often. Rest and relaxation agrees with us.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I came across your website and found your articles on family fun and interesting. I just had a couple of questions so if you could e-mail me back that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beuatiful and powerful speech tonight by Mrs. Lihn at the DNC. I still have tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete