Monday, July 25, 2011

A Year Ago, Today

July 25, 2011 marks the one year anniversary of Mia Grace Marrone's passing.

If you haven't met Mia Grace, learn about she and Zoe here.

A year ago, today, Caleb and I were at a baseball game with Emerson when Caleb informed me that Mia passed away. That day, that very moment in time, is forever etched in my mind. It is a moment I cannot escape and a reminder that every second spent with Zoe is a blessing.


(Mia and her twin brother, Madden)

I am proud to say that Mia's mom, Jen, and I remain best of friends. I am so blessed to have her family in my life.

Please send a pleasant thought and prayer up for the Marrone family as they're reliving a parent's worst nightmare - the death of a child.

A year has now passed since Jen held Mia in her arms. I feel helpless, as I know there is nothing I (or anyone) can say or do to take away the pain, anguish and hurt they're experiencing. What I can do is let the Marrone family know that we remember and that their precious daughter will never be forgotten.

Last year, this year and for every year to come on July 25th, we will wear pink - to remember and to honor Mia Grace Marrone...

(July 25, 2010)

(July 25, 2011)

We love you Jen, Ray, Cole, Madden and Mia.

Forever in our Hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Zoe is a courageous, strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior smilen champ and an inspirational hero. She will be in my thoughts. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete