Sunday, August 15, 2010

Busted Out

For the last week or so, I've felt cooped up like a chicken. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time at home with my kiddos, but day after day of not getting out seems to have taken its toll.

Translation: Cranky mommy.

Since Zoe only leaves the house for doctor's appointments and visitors are still not allowed, I needed some time away - time out from under this roof.

Yesterday, I busted out. Emerson and I had a play date with Robyn (my play date) and Sedona (Emmy's play date.) Mommy enjoyed her much needed few hours of fun.

(Sedona, Emmy and I shakin' our booties in the pool.)


(Oh, to be a silly little girl again...)


(Emmy and Robyn - my play date partner.)

Later in the afternoon, Caleb and I got out of the house together for the Cardinals game. Thanks again mom and dad for watching Zoe and Emerson. Really, we don't know what we'd do without you!

As usual, we were running late. I mentioned to Caleb that he should take a quick pic of me out in front of the stadium. He looked at me like I was nuts and said, "Kickoff is in 5 minutes. Maybe next time." We enjoyed the game, even though we both question what is to come for our Cardinals this season.

At the same time I sat enjoying the football game, my mind never stopped racing. I'm constantly thinking about Zoe, my friends, of heart moms who've lost their babies. I realize different parts of myself each day in my new CHD life. I'm much more compassionate and attentive. I see people. I really see people. I look into stranger's eyes and wonder what their life is like, what struggles they're working to overcome.

After I returned home, I noticed Emmy's play room was picked up. I looked around the room, noticed a piece of art which I'd hung a few years ago and read its message. I took a deep breath, stood teary-eyed and smiled in that moment.

It really is that simple.

1 comment: