Friday, August 6, 2010

Anxious Much?

Zoe returned to her cardiologist today (who has been on vacation for what seems like an entire month.) He'd been kept in the loop regarding the higher velocity issues, suspicion of narrowing and her higher sats. He performed a physical exam and took some vitals and thinks she looks pretty darn good. When listening to Zoe's heart, he noticed the right-side flow (where her shunt is) sounds slower than the left flow. Normally, he would be a little more concerned but since Zoe is on Lovenox, the risk of clotting is lowered significantly. Being on the Lovenox injections is a sort of "life insurance" policy.

With an uneventful cardiology visit today (which we love...), Zoe doesn't need to return for another 2 weeks. Keep sending happy thoughts and prayers to the powers that be; she's on her way. Next step, Philadelphia for her second open heart surgery!

So...what's the deal with Philly? Our cardiologist's secretary at CHOP will be sick of us in no time. We're extremely anxious to hear when Zoe's Glenn will take place. Today, and last Friday, we called her in hopes that she'd give us Zoe's surgery schedule, but no luck. The September schedule "has not been made yet" and we'll have to wait until next week. For some reason, having a date to mark on my calendar is soothing.

Until we hear something, Zoe and I will relax and breathe and be strong. Isn't she the best?!

And a big thanks from Zoe to those of you who have donated and/or joined Team Zoe for the Congenital Heart Walk in November. If you haven't, no worries. There's plenty of time to contribute!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had an uneventful appointment. I hope you hear from CHOP soon! It's nice to know exactly when so that you can prepare.